Announcing New Benefits of Sage Business Care
Posted Feb 12, 2013
Sage is excited to announce new benefits to your Sage Business Care plans beginning today.
Thank you for being a Sage Business Care customer. We sincerely value your business and pledge to do all we can to continue to earn your loyalty.
Sage is excited to announce new benefits to your Sage Business Care plans beginning today. All Sage Business Care customers will be invited to an exclusive Quarterly Webcast Series conducted by industry experts and thought leaders providing valuable information to you and your business. The first webcast of the series will focus on Healthcare law changes. Details will be sent to you soon.
In addition, the Sage Business Care Platinum plan will now have these exclusive features:
- Priority Phone Queuing - With priority phone queuing, rest assured your phone calls will be answered first in priority.
- Designated Support Team - A designated customer support team of the most experienced Sage support specialists is standing by to answer your calls.
- Appointment Scheduling - We know your time is valuable. You have the flexibility to set up your own appointment with a support specialist when it's convenient for you. You will be able to view availability through our self-service online scheduling tool.
- Year-End Close & Payroll Appointment - To help you alleviate the stress of a year-end, our support specialists will proactively reach out to you with a personalized phone call to help answer questions on closing books at year-end and opening a new year.
- Standard Telephone Response Time1 of 2 minutes or less - Sage 50 wants to help you in the most efficient way possible so that you can get back to what you do best – run your business. The average response time for Platinum customers is 2 minutes or less.
In an effort to streamline Sage Business Care to focus on those benefits our customers value most, some underutilized benefits may be phased out over the next one to two years. We will keep you updated as those changes are made.
Thanks again for choosing Sage to help you run your business more effectively. We look forward to earning your trust for years to come.—
6 Things Small Businesses Should Know Post Fiscal Cliff
Posted Feb 01, 2013
Earlier this month, Sage held a live streaming event with Gene Marks "Your Business, Your Future: How the Fiscal Cliff Will Affect Your Profits This Year and Beyond". In case you missed it, here are a few takeaways from Gene for small businesses on life after the Fiscal Cliff.
1. Watch C-Span.Business owners are busy doing a lot of things, but the one trend I’ve been noticing is a big interest in what’s going on in DC. In other words, many smart business owners I know are watching a lot more C-Span and a lot less ESPN. That’s because the debate over our enormous national debt and ongoing budget deficits impacts us all significantly. And, with plenty more action to come: the debt ceiling limitation, the “sequester” discussions, the President’s budget submission…there are plenty of events that will affect us all. How?2. Taxes May Still Go Up.Some believe that the latest ‘fiscal cliff’ resolution put the issue of tax revenues to bed. But many do not think this is the case. To cut deficits, more tax increases could be in the offing. And smart business owners are keeping a wary eye on this, as taxes are our largest single line item of expense. Already taxes will affect our salaries, investments and estates. But the moment there’s an inkling of more tax increases on the way, we’ll be calling our accountants and planning.3. Interest Is At Historical Lows.If the government doesn’t come to a resolution that is well received by world markets our credibility could be impacted. We may find ourselves in similar straits as Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal who are also suffering high national debt, slowing or stagnating GDP and enormous deficits. Long term interest rates in those countries have skyrocketed as it becomes more risky to buy their government bonds. If the same happens here the cost to borrow could also explode. Business owners are watching rates and, at the first sign of increases, will be taking action: locking in rates now, fixing long term loans, buying equipment or companies or buildings while rates are still low.4. The Fed’s Recent Moves Could Cause Future Inflation.To keep our economy growing in light of our fiscal issues the Fed has been buying bonds and using other tactics that, if not closely watched, could cause significant inflation. As I write this the Fed’s balance sheet of available cash to lend to banks has grown significantly. The Fed’s only weapon against this would be to raise interest rates. If inflation makes an appearance smart business owners may be buying inventory and materials earlier before prices go up, locking in key employees with bonuses rather than cost of living increases in their employment contracts and moving cash to more inflation friendly investments, like real estate.5. If Spending Cuts Occur, Expect A Contracting Economy.If sequesters, or large spending cuts, do occur as planned then entire industries, like defense, education or certain health services, could be enormously affected. Smart business people are making alternate plans. They’re re-directing their marketing towards industries and markets that show signs of growth. They’re betting against those industries that may be impacted and following the money. Construction is ticking up, as is technology and other areas of healthcare.6. If Our Fiscal Problems Persist, The Dollar May Weaken.For those that do business overseas, the plight of the dollar is very much in the hands of our country’s leaders. As European economies get their act together and the U.S. fiscal worries grow, a potential flight from the dollar could cause a significant loss in value. For those selling their products overseas this could be a good thinking, allowing their prices to be lower than the competition. But for those buying core materials in another currency a weakened dollar could be devastating.If you’re running a small business the importance of planning ahead is now more important than ever. So watch more C-Span this year. And less ESPN. I’m from Philadelphia, and considering how bad our teams are doing this won’t be such a tough transition to make.About Gene Marks - A columnist, author, and small business owner, Gene pens weekly columns and blogs for The New York Times, Forbes, The Huffington Post, and Philadelphia Magazine.—
Welcome to Sage50 Customer Central
Posted Dec 04, 2012
This site is your one-stop shop for all things Sage 50 and Sage Business Care!
I'm pleased to present to you our new Sage Business Care customer web portal, Sage50CustomerCentral.com! Here we've combined our step-by-step customer engagement and rewards site with easy access to all of your Sage Business Care features and benefits.
Below, you'll see I've brought over a few recent articles from my last web site (which you won't need anymore).
Please take a minute to explore this new site, click through a few of the activities (and earn some rewards along the way!), and as always, let me know if you have any questions!—
Hmm. What does this button do?
Posted Oct 01, 2012
If you haven't started using Business Intelligence, then this is the story for you!
By now, you should have downloaded and installed your upgrade to Sage 50 Accounting 2013. Each release of Sage 50 Accounting is part of your membership in Sage Business Care. If you have not received the email containing your serial number, please contact me as soon as possible at the number at the right.
As you may recall, one of your many other Sage Business Care benefits is a license of Sage 50 Business Intelligence, our custom reporting solution that allows direct report building of your Sage 50 data in Microsoft® Excel®. Watch this short video for an overview. If you haven’t started using this benefit of your membership yet, check it out today!
After installing Sage 50 Accounting 2013, you will need to use your new Sage 50 Business Intelligence Activation Key, contained in the PDF attachment in a second email you should have received around the same time as your download notification email (early June 2012). The PDF file name should begin with “Sage Product Activation for …” and the key will look like this: XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. In Sage 50, go to Reports & Forms > Business Intelligence Setup > Activation Manager to input your Business Intelligence Activation Key. See this short video for step-by-step instructions. If you need me to resend you the email, just email or call me.
To help you learn more about how Sage 50 Business Intelligence can benefit your organization, we have developed a series of webinars to demonstrate this powerful, integrated set of customizable Microsoft Excel reports. Click here for the most recent list of webinars.
I encourage you to get up and running on Sage 50 Accounting 2013 and Sage 50 Business Intelligence as soon as possible. You can learn more about the other great new features by viewing a few short videos at the Sage 50 YouTube channel.
As always, thank you for choosing Sage!—
Announcing Sage 50 Accounting 2013!
Posted Jun 05, 2012
As a current Sage Business Care customer, your plan includes a download of new Sage 50 Accounting 2013. The primary contact we have on file for your organization will receive an email from Sage in the next 24-48 hours.
s a current Sage Business Care customer, your plan includes a download of new Sage 50 Accounting 2013. The primary contact we have on file for your organization will receive an email from Sage in the next 24-48 hours. It will be from ProductActivation@sage.com and will have "Sage Download Notification" in the subject line. It will contain your link to the download file(s) and your Serial Number and Registration Number (labeled "Activation Key" in the email).
I recommend that you spend a few minutes experiencing the benefits of the new features in Sage 50 Accounting 2013 for yourself with these quick, entertaining videos:
Prior Period Account Reconciliation (1:22) lets you work in prior periods while others work in the current period. That saves time and helps reduce errors.
More Efficient Check Printing (1:13) saves you money by using plain paper (instead of checks) to print details that won't fit on a stub.
Easily Mark Multiple Vendor Records (1:31) as Inactive with just one click.
Sage Payment Solutions (1:03) automatically records your debit and credit card payments directly into Sage 50, and with new mobile capabilities, you can accept payments anywhere!
Sage 50 Business Intelligence with New Inventory Analysis Report (1:17) Real-time inventory for better supply chain management.
Sage E-marketing (1:21) The easy way to help increase sales in a snap.
Just a reminder, as a benefit of Sage Business Care, included in your plan is one license of Sage 50 Business Intelligence (1:18). This is a fully integrated reporting and analysis solution that supplements the reporting capability in Sage 50 to make it easy to create powerful, customized reports in the tool you already use – Microsoft Excel. You will receive the unlocking code for Sage 50 Business Intelligence in the same email.
We are very excited about the new features of Sage 50 Accounting 2013, and we hope your business will start taking advantage of them right away.
If you would like to also receive a physical product DVD in addition to the download for a charge of $14.99, please visit our new website at www.sage50accounting.com.
Thank you for choosing Sage!—
Your Sage 50 Business Intelligence Benefit
Posted May 18, 2012
Get the most out of your Sage 50 Business Intelligence benefit.
Sage 50 Business Intelligence
As a current Sage Business Care customer, your plan includes one license of Sage 50 Business Intelligence. This is a new, fully integrated reporting and analysis solution that supplements the reporting capability in Sage 50 to make it easy to create powerful, customized reports in the tool you already use – Microsoft® Excel®.
Here are some resources to help you get going with Business Intelligence:
This site requires Adobe Flash Player. Download it here.
Your Customer ID:
Current plan renewal date:
Your Account Manager
Current Offers for Sage Business Care Customers
- Save on Sage Payment Solutions
- Migration discounts on Sage 50 Quantum
- No startup fees for Sage 50 Direct Deposit
- Save on Check & Forms